Who should read it: It is for you if you are looking for an overview of this topic for a project, to conduct/appear in an interview, or in general. As we learn more, we will update this article.
Main features: Bootstrap has really made life simple. Let’s look at some cool features of Bootstrap:
- Mobile first philosophy: It’s built with the design of Mobile first. It helps to design websites for mobile, tablets, and desktops. It reduces extra efforts for the developers.
- Responsiveness: Bootstrap grid design has four classes: xs for phones (<768px), sm for tablets (≥768px), md for desktops (≥992px), and lg for larger desktops (≥1200px). To achieve responsiveness, Bootstrap scales up to 12 columns according to the size of the device or a viewport.
- Some great features of Bootstrap:
- Images and Icons
- Buttons and related items
- Other benefits of Bootstrap:
- Faster development: Instead of developing elements from scratch, Bootstrap provides built-in elements and JS plugins
- Less issues.
- Extensive list of features.
- Best styling.
- Built-in templates for beginners.
- Excellent support with the community of developers.
- Browser compatibility with major browsers.
- Easier to learn.
- Supports fixed and fluid layouts.
- Column adjustment features:
- Offset features to adjust column positions.
- push and pull options to order the column positions.
- container function to wrap the content.
- Built-in pagination support
- Other similar frameworks: YUI grids, 960 GS and blueprint.
Get started today with the Bootstrap journey.