Audience: This is for user who are looking for a basic overview of design thinking.
My notes are from this article on interaction-design website. I recommend it to everyone interested in learning this subject.
- Five non-linear steps of design thinking are: Empathize, Ideate, Define, Prototype, and Test. This article is helpful to go through these five steps.
- The seven factors that influence user experience:
- Useful: A product must be useful to the users.
- Accessible: Accessible is about ability of different-able customers to be able to use a product. Though the segment of customers could be small, it’s sometimes legally and sometimes ethically a critical element of a design.
- Usable: Usability means how efficiently and effectively a product can be used by a user.
- Findable: Find-ability means how easy it is for a user to find features within a product. A practical example is my wardrobe. If my clothes are easily findable, then those are more usable. Another example could be how easy it is to find the information on a website that you’re looking for.
- Desirable: It is about the like-ability of a product by its users. For example, if I have two sources of learning a skill online, which one I will opt more likely.
- Credible: It is about trusting the product. For example, a blog post is credible if a user can trust the the information on it.
- Valuable: a product must delver the expected value. For example, if I read a book on a skills set, it must deliver the value of that basic skill.
- Five characteristics of usable products:
- Error Tolerance
- Ease of Learning
- Seven great UX research techniques: Card Sorting, Expert Reviews, Eye Movement Tracking, Field Studies, Usability Testing, Remote Usability Testing, and User Personas.
- Interaction design introduction: It is the design of interaction between a user and a product. Five elements of interaction design are: 1D: Words, 2D: Visual Representations, 3D: Physical Objects or Space, 4D: Time, and 5D: Behavior.
- Mobile Web UX design guidelines:
- Keep navigation simple
- Keep content to a minimum
- Reduced the inputs required from users
- Be mindful of internet connection issues
As I learn more, I will update this page. Thank you !