Strengths app part 1
This is a series of articles about developing a simple web application.
Audience: Anyone looking for basic knowledge in building a web application.
Application summary: This is a strength analyzer application. This application allows a user to add his/her strengths. It also supports additional features.
Application use cases:
- Maintain a user profile: A user should be able to login to view his/her information.
- Maintain strengths of a user: Provide a way to add/view/update/delete a strength of the user. Provide a pagination of the strengths, for a better display. The user should also be able to search strengths.
- Maintain a friends list: a user should be able to add other users as his/her friends.
- Vote and comment on a strength of the user: Friends of a user should be able to vote a strength of a user. Friends of the user should also be able to comment (post) about user’s strength.
- Ability to search: A user should be able to search other users by the name and on a strength.
- Other yet to be determined features: to be determined as we progress on the development.
Intended users (actors) of the application:
- A user who wants to create his/her profile to publish his/her strengths. A user could be an IT engineer, a product manager, a home maker, a business man, or anyone.
- A user who wants to feel good about his/her strengths, by gaining popularity, support, and visibility within his/her friends list.
As we learn and add more use cases, I’ll update this page. In the next part, we’ll go over implementation details.
One thought on “Application development series”